Classes will be taught by LIVE video instruction similar to the experience you would receive in person with the same interactive components. Each course will run for 1-week Monday through Thursday from 9:30am to 1:00pm ET each day.
Meeting demand in a timely and cost-effective manner is important both in public and private supply chains, and heavily depend on the design and operation of these supply chains. Demand is affected by ongoing factors such as local economy, infrastructure, and geographic location, as well as unexpected events such as natural or manmade disasters or other large-scale disruptions. Designing and operating responsive supply chains requires the consideration of uncertainty in timing, scope, scale, and understanding of various topics such as forecasting, distribution network design, and inventory management. This course will examine methods and models for making supply chain design and operational decisions and explore the significant value that is obtained through informed decision-making in advance of an unpredictable event or long-term strategy for meeting the need of customers and beneficiaries.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for representatives from governmental or non-governmental organizations, private corporations, military, and foundations, including but not limited to senior executives overseeing administrative and operational functions of an organization, logistics and supply chain managers, program managers, directors of field operations, directors of emergency/disaster preparedness and response, and public health professionals.
How You Will Benefit
- Provide immediate impact to your organization through learnings gained from applied and real-world case studies.
- Learn to bring NGOs, businesses, or government entities together to enhance collaboration, cooperation, and communication.
- Discover current trends and procedures to help organizations and team members get and stay ahead of the curve.
- Build a critical knowledge base to make tactical decisions around inventory, routing, and distribution.
- Deliver best practices to measure and evaluate the efficiency, impact, and outcomes of focused initiatives or ongoing logistics and supply chain operations.
- Transform the health and humanitarian sectors with increased capacity to participate in planning and strategic decision-making for effective supply-chain management.
What Is Covered
- Network modeling approaches
- Forecasting techniques
- Strategies for making decisions under uncertainty
- Other data-driven analytical approaches