Date: December 9, 2009
Location: Georgia Institute of Technology
- It is a follow-up to the Third International Conference on One Dimensional Nanomaterials
- This workshop will begin with a tutorial on design of experiments followed by a series of talks on the application of statistical methods in nanoresearch
- The workshop is funded by the U. S. National Science Foundation grant DMS-0706436. Sponsored by: H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- The workshop features a poster session, in which the attendees can present their work on MIP related topics.
- Workshops are held annually in North America. Information on past MIP workshops can be found here.
- The workshop is funded by the U. S. National Science Foundation grant DMS-0706436. Sponsored by: H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology The web site for the third International Conference on One-dimensional Nanomaterials (ICON2009) may be accessed (here).
Nano Workshop Program
- 1:30-1:35 (Welcome) R.J. Vengazhiyil
- 1:35-2:30 (Tutorial)C.F.J. Wu and S. Ba: Design of Experiments for Material Scientists, Georgia Tech
- 2:30 - 3:00 T. Dasgupta: Design and analysis of experiments to improve yield and quality of nanostructure synthesis, Harvard University
- 3:00 - 3:30 Q. Huang: Statistical Weight Kinetics Modeling for Silica Nanowires Growth Catalysed by Pt Thin Film, University of Southern California
- 3:30 - 4:00 Coffee Break
- 4:00 - 4:30 P.Z. Qian: Stiatistical Characterization of Nanowire Morphology and Sequential Synthesis of Nanomaterials via Level Expansion, Univeristy of Wisconsin
- 4:30 - 5:00 C. Zhang: Challenges and Opportunities in Carbon Nanotube-Based Nanomaterials Manufacturing, Florida State University
- 5:00 - 5:30 X. Deng: Statistical approach to quantifying the elastic deformation of Nanomaterials, University of Wisconsin
Venue & Accomodations
- The Nanotechnoogy Workshop will be held in Room 301 of the Student Center, the same venue as the ICON2009 conference. Please see the conference web site for location and suggested accomodations (ICON2009).