Michael Biehler received his B.S. and M.S in Industrial and Mechanical Engineering from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in 2017 and 2020, respectively. Currently, he is a Ph.D. candidate in the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology. His research rests at the interface between machine learning and cyber-physical (manufacturing) systems, where he aims to develop methods for 3D machine learning and cyber-physical security.
Selected honors and awards:
- Gilbreth Memorial Fellowship, IISE 2022
- IHE-LeaD Fellowship (Interdisciplinary and Health & Environment Leadership Development), Burroughs Wellcome Fund, 2022-2023
- Best Student Paper Award (Finalist), Data Analytics and Information Systems (DAIS) Division of IISE, 2022
- BOLD Graduate Fellowship (Blended and Online Learning Design), Office of the Provost, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2021
- Steward Fellowship 2020-2021
- Fulbright Scholarship 2019-2020